This blog provides a flavor of the activities underway on FTI. This post will be updated periodically.
- Intense discussions are underway on policy and strategy at the FTI Google Group and FTI’s internal blogs. It is intended that these policies and strategies will be put out for public comment in the coming months.
- Fortnightly one hour meetings take place over Skype in which a good number of members participate. These meetings are minuted for the benefit of other FTI members
- Website development is an ongoing process, including updating, reviewing and expanding the website.
- Preparing and updating documents like the FTI brochure keeps us busy. We are hoping to release a Draft policy and strategy kit by end-2009. We will seek public comment on each of these drafts.
- It is expected that after draft policies are released, we will start developing detailed policy blueprints during 2010.
- Some of us contribute to the periodic FTI magazine.
- Internal processes and documents need a lot of effort, as well. These include things like a Trust deed to register FTI as a not-for-profit organization, membership rules, accounts maintenance processes, membership database, processes to confirm integrity of members, etc.
This is a broad general outline of the activities underway. Every member on FTI volunteers and specializes in relevant parts of this overall development. We hope to incrementally release more and more information for the public.
If you have questions, please call or write to our members listed here.